Enter and Work in Confined Spaces in Nowra
Course Dates and Venues
This unit covers the entering and working in confined spaces in resources and infrastructure industries. It includes planning and preparing for entry of confined spaces; entry and working in confined spaces, exiting confined spaces and cleaning up.
This unit specifies the competency required to work in a confined space (enclosed or partially enclosed) for the purpose of carrying out work or inspections. It includes the minimum criteria for competency assessment. This unit includes entry and exit procedures, assessment of associated risks and how to operate safely in a confined space which is at atmospheric pressure during occupancy.
This unit can be completed as a stand alone course or as part of a skills set. There are several skill set options available.
The target group will be construction workers requiring training in safely working in confined space at worksites within:
- Civil construction
- Extractive industries
- Tank/vessel inspections
People who supervise but do not necessary enter confined spaces also need to be aware of the risks and equipment checks that need to be in place to adequately protect people under their control.
Full course: 8 hours face-to-face training
There are no prerequisites for this course
This is a nationally accredited course, students who successfully complete this training will be awarded the statement of attainment for RIIWHS202D Enter and work in confined spaces
The following assessment tasks are required for this course:
- Theory Questions consisting of multiple choice and short answer questions
- Simulated Practical Scenarios
Evidence is required to be collected that demonstrates a candidate’s competency in this unit. Evidence must be relevant to the roles within this sector’s working operations and satisfy all of the requirements of the performance criteria of this unit and include evidence that the candidate:
- locates and applies relevant documentation, policies and procedures
Demonstrates consistent timely completion of entering and working in confined spaces that safely, effectively and efficiently meets the required outcomes on three (3) separate occasions including:
- obtain appropriate entry permit and instructions for performing work in confined space
- interpreting and applying safe work method statements
- apply tagging and lock out
- selecting, wearing and caring for personal protective equipment applicable to all tasks and environment identified
- entering the confined space
- using atmospheric monitoring devices prior to entering the confined space
- working in the confined space
- using atmospheric monitoring devices during confined space activity
- applying safe materials handling methods
- exiting the confined space
- remove tagging and lock out
The candidate must demonstrate knowledge of enter and work in confined spaces through:
- identifying areas that constitute confined spaces
- complying with site and equipment safety requirements
- complying with the entry and exit procedures, risks and regulations
- types of air contaminants and toxic gases
- identifying the limitations of breathing apparatus
- identifying equipment types, characteristics, technical capabilities and limitations
- complying with site isolation and site control responsibilities and authorities
- locations of safety data sheets (SDS) information and application
- using confined space and Industry terminology
The cost of the course is $225 per person and includes light refreshments, Learner Guide and Pen. Want to know more? Contact our friendly team today.