Issue Work Permits Course in Nowra
Course Dates and Venues
TBA – North Nowra
This unit of competency covers the skills and knowledge required to issue work permits. It covers an understanding of the permit system and the limitations of each permit, and making decisions regarding the need for and correct use of each permit. This unit includes the issue of any and all permits. Permits are called ‘clearances’ by some organisations.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this unit at the time of publication.
This unit of competency applies to personnel who are required to issue appropriate permits to work to persons conducting a variety of activities in workplace environments in which hazards exist or specific procedures need to be followed and monitored to protect the safety of personnel and the integrity of plant or process.
This unit of competency applies to an individual working alone or as part of a team or group and working in liaison with other shift team members and the control room operator, as appropriate.
Full course: 4 hours face-to-face
MSMWHS201 Conduct hazard analysis
This is a nationally accredited course, students who successfully complete this training will be awarded the statement of attainment for MSMPER300 Issue work permits.
The following assessment tasks are required for this course:
- Theory Questions consisting of multiple choice and short answer questions
- Simulated Practical Scenarios
Evidence required to demonstrate competence in this unit must be relevant to and satisfy all of the requirements of the elements and performance criteria and demonstrate the ability to:
- recognise types of work permits required for different situations
- undertake and interpret hazard analysis
- conduct and interpret tests/inspections for gas or other hazards, including one or more of:
- atmospheric, including explosivity
- combustibles, oxygen, enriched or reduced
- stored pressure/energy
- ensure correct preparation of worksite is undertaken, including one or more of:
- mechanical, electrical and other energy sources, and process isolations
- de-energising all sources of energy/pressure
- purging of plant
- ventilation of plant
- lockout/tag out procedures
- blinding/blanking lines
- other hazard controls
- ensure supervision/monitoring of people working under the permit
- speak clearly and unambiguously in the language of the worksite.
Evidence must be provided that demonstrates knowledge of:
Organisational procedures, including:
- work permit systems
- safety hazards, risks evaluation and controls
- incident, fire and accident
- organisation standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- common atmospheric hazards and contaminants
- explosive range, upper and lower explosive limits
- exposure standards (time-weighted average, short-term exposure limits, peak limitation values, and examination of toxic effect at the level of a range of flammable gases)
The cost of the course is $225 per person and includes light refreshments, Learner Guide and Pen. Please feel free to contact us with any questions about the Issue Work Permits course.